Congratulations on enrolling in open access scene study 2
Thank you for committing to technique-driven training and for bringing your energy and enthusiasm to The Studio by enrolling in Open Access Scene Study. In this program, you will work closely with the course tutor and your assigned scene partner to explore The Studio's award-winning acting techniques.
CLASS DATES AND TIMES
For more information on course dates and times please refer to the Classes page.
Please note, participants will be expected to complete 1 – 2 hours of homework outside of class hours each week. Please also note that as this is an intensive course, missing any classes throughout the duration of the program is prohibited without prior consent. It is expected that everyone be prompt to class and be respectful of each other both in and out of the learning environment.
The full course fee for the course is $395.
You can complete payment by clicking here, selecting 'final payment' from the drop down box on the right hand side, and clicking 'enrol now' to add the payment to your cart.
Students must download and read the free studio ebook (this will take about 15 minutes to read) and watch Howard Fine’s Acting Advice Season 1 and 2 (plus the mini-season called Eight Steps Lecture Excerpts) on The Studio's YouTube channel (this will take about 20 minutes).
STUDIO INFORMATION PACK
There are various procedures and guidelines in place here at The Studio in relation to the space and how to utilise it so everyone can enjoy a clean and safe working environment. Please read The Studio Information Pack, which includes information on kitchen use, rehearsal space hire, parking and public transport, etc. You can access it by clicking here. Please take the time to read this carefully, as it will hopefully answer a lot of your questions prior to beginning the course.
STAGE MANAGERS AND PARTICIPANT EXPECTATIONS
Here at The Studio, we rely on the help of everyone in class to keep things running smoothly. In order to assist with this, one or two students will be performing the role of ‘Stage Managers’ in class. The Stage Managers are your main point of contact for class related issues and their duties include:
- Forwarding messages from the tutor to all participants
- Sending out homework to participants
- Making sure The Studio is neat and tidy at all times.
As a participant in class, we will often request your help in order to assist the Stage Managers. We have outlined some basic expectations we have of everyone taking part in classes at The Studio. These expectations are put in place for the benefit of everyone, and help us to ensure that all classes run as smoothly as possible. Therefore, it is greatly appreciated that you adhere to the following:
- Be on time for every class. If, for some reason, you are running late for class, please let your Stage Managers know.
- Be prompt in responding to the Stage Managers’ requests, both during and outside of class.
- Help the Stage Managers at all times when in The Studio. This will often include helping to tidy up the space at the end of each class, putting furniture away, making sure the kitchen area is clean, arranging the chairs neatly in the space and any other cleaning and tidying that may need to be done. With everyone’s help, this can take a minimal amount of time and goes a long way to helping both the Stage Managers and The Studio.
OTHER THINGS THAT MAY TAKE YOUR INTEREST
Also, get to know Howard Fine, the Artistic Director of The Studio, a little more. Watch his FilmNut interview with Jeff Schubert and their discussion on technique, the relationship between homework and rehearsal and some of the coaching work he's done with other actors.
Finally, if you have any other questions about this course or The Studio, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to welcoming you to The Studio!